PIE 2019 Seminar Schedule Announced
The Parking Industry Expo 2019 continues our cutting-edge seminars and events focusing on the latest developments in the parking industry. This year’s event brings us back to our traditional home base at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare in Rosemont, IL.
Day Two –
- International Downtown Association’s report on parking in metropolitan downtowns, universities, shopping centers, airports and more.
- Special Keynote Address featuring Michael Lowder, Director, Office of Intelligence, Security and Emergency Response (retired), US Department of Transportation.
- Plus 8 more seminars
- PIE Trade Show
- Speed Networking
- Parking Today’s Reception Cocktail Party.
Day Three –
- Morning and afternoon seminar sessions
- 4 hours of PIE Trade Show time
- Special Luncheon Event featuring Parking Today’s Parking Awards!
Day Four –
Smart Parking / Smart Cities Symposium –
This half day symposium offers parking professionals insight into the continually changing landscape of the Smart Cities movement. See how parking, transportation, and mobility come together to build the Smart City of the future.
Parking Industry Expo 2019 Seminar Tracks
2019 Brings a new focus to our seminars. There will be general sessions of interest to all attendees, plus specialized tracks designed to inform specific industry sectors.
- Join the conversation as industry leaders moderate discussions focused the needs and challenges faced by parking professionals on a range of issues critical to the industry.
- Do you manage parking operations in a city, university, airport or commercial property?
- Sit with peers and service providers to uncover the latest secrets to success.
Innovations in Parking Technology
Discover the latest technology and how to best apply it to provide better service to your parking customers. Sessions to explore the newest technology in
- Parking Reservations
Focus on Parking NOW!
- Automobile companies are building for 20 years out, you need to build for today.
- Does the tech really work?
- Can you describe the solution before you buy the technology?
- Autonomous vehicles,
- Shared data,
- Geo way-finding.
Everyone is talking about the future, but what about today? Will today’s trends impacting parking facilities and parking operations be here tomorrow?
Managing a Parking System
- How your people can make a difference in your bottom line
- What does it takes to run a profitable and successful parking operation
- the best sources for finding good people
- how training is important
- when to promote and when to fire
- wage expectations for parking service workers.
How Society affects Parking Operations
- Autonomous vehicles
- connected cars
- social media
- millennials vs boomers
- who are our customers
- Grass roots organizations and citizen groups are calling for parking reforms and cities are listening.